Monday, August 3, 2009

Korean Psych Music Vol. 1. - The Key Brothers

A new fun feature. A spattering of the strange Korean music I find around here that I rip and put up for your listening pleasure. The first spattering is a Korean psych rock group known as The Key Brothers. One of the best known and general 'best' of the widely coveted Korean Psych Rock era of the 1970-80s, The Key Brothers' melodramatic psych rock is a bastion of fuzzed out guitars, morose keyboards and the best of Korean wailing rock vocals I've heard thus far. A real musical masterpiece of drama, fuzzed out fun and the best 9-minute cover of 'Love Potion No. 9' you'll ever here. Listen to this when you're feeling the urge to either drop acid and cry about the love you lost, or when you're trying to cook fish. Either way, this album works.

Here.

-A

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great Korean psych posts. I've been beginning to post about Korean music on my blog as well.

like your blog. ever come up to seoul, look me up, i'll buy.

from dagseoul...cheers