Thursday, June 18, 2009

In the Church Hospital, no one can hear you scream...


As per Korean government regulations, all incoming foreigners with Visas must submit to a full health screening. Of course, I didn't know this, so when the nice lady up at the front desk of my Hagwon told me I had to get a health check, I was a little scared. Not that I have any horrible ailment like Swine Flu or Habitual Retardation (It's only occasional.) Anyway so we walk to the church hospital where for the next hour I am inspected from head to toe to make sure I won't die of some health issue in the country. Best part of the health screening: When the school assistant tried to explain to me that I needed to give a Urine sample, but all she could do is point to the bathroom, raise the daisy cup they gave her and giggle a little bit. Also on Thursdays the neighborhood i'm in, Sinmae, has an open market where you can buy pretty much any fruit or veggy or seafood item for super cheap. Also some pictures of my first day at school. Check out the photos, leave comments and enjoy.








-A

1 comment:

C. Moon Reed said...

I love that the official way for a health care worker to communicate is by giggling.