Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I am dumb...

Because I forgot to my pay power bill, and I came home to an apartment with no power. Now normally that would be mean I'm a fiscally irresponsible heathen (I am.) but the reality is, I really hate checking my mail. So when I did, I noticed a bill from the power company. Now little ole' me figure "Oh!, they need money, must pay." But the world of whatever the hell I do when I'm not working (Wait, there are times when I'm not working?) caught up and I spaced it. Until I got home today to a noticeably darker apartment apartment outside of my black effigies of Cookie Monster impaling Elmo that not only plaster my walls, but also suck light into the abyss. Open up my mail, yet again and find out that the bill was due four days ago. Whoops. Anyways, the bill is paid, but the world of e-commerce clearly does not including same day power service, so here I am, sitting in Tea Planet thinking of things to do to delay the inevitable sitting in a dark apartment doing nothing. Yeah, I guess I am pretty dumb. But think og it this way, if it wasn't for not having power, I wouldn't have learned this valuable lesson:

Always check your fucking mail.

1 comment:

Pj Perez said...

I am glad you have a blog to share your blunders on now. :)